W e ' r e m o r e t h a n j u s t a C h u r c h . . . W e ' r e a F A M I L Y !
Spiritual Genealogy Overview
Spiritual genealogy is a pervasive theme in Scripture. Because we’re commanded to spread the Gospel to all nations, and to disciple one another in the faith, the mature Christian leader’s life is typified by relationships that often are as strong and as deep as those between a parent and child.
Pastor Chad Carter and Family Harvest
Church are part of a spiritual heritage
that includes such great men of faith as
Pastor Rod Parsley, Dr. Lester Sumrall,
Dr. Howard Carter and Smith
This rich Pentecostal history has
become our inheritance!
Our Rich Spiritual Heritage
Copyright © Pastor Chad Carter • Family Harvest Church Global Ministries
Dr. Rod Parsley (1957- )
Pastor Rod Parsley was saved as a young boy and established his first ministry in 1979 at the age of 19 – a Bible study in the backyard of his parents’ home. World Harvest Church, one of America’s great megachurches, and its affiliated ministries trace back to that first meeting, which 17 people attended. Pastor Parsley has become one of this generation’s most prophetic and anointed ministers of the Gospel. He has founded eleven major ministries, including an international media ministry, a worldwide missions organiza-tion, a national Christian grassroots organization and a ministerial fellowship that unites more than 2,000 ministers. Pastor Parsley is in constant demand as a conference and revival speaker and as a spokesman for moral issues on a national level. He is also the author of more than 75 books, including many best sellers.
- Apostle: President of World Harvest Church Ministerial Fellowship, a pastor to pastors around the world
- Pastor: Senior Pastor of World Harvest Church, Columbus, OH
- Evangelist: anointed soul winner through World Harvest Church, the Breakthrough television broadcast, crusades and conferences around the world
- Prophet: Speaks to the issues of our day and points the Church, and the world, to the cross of Christ
- Teacher: revealing and instructing in the Word of God for decades
- Author: Penned more than 75 books, including several New York Times best sellers
- Revelation: Principles of Spiritual Genealogy & Deliverance
- Reputation: World renown speaker and crusade leader
- World Missions: Founder of Bridge of Hope, bringing food, water, medicine, supplies and the Gospel to hurting people around the world
- Statesman: Founder and President of The Center for Moral Clarity
- Social Compassion: Founder of the Women's Clinic of Columbus, saving lives of the unborn every day.
- TV Ministry: Host of “Breakthrough,” available to 97% of America and around the world through more than 14,000 stations and cable outlets
Dr. Lester Sumrall (1913-1996)
Born in New Orleans, Louisiana, Lester Sumrall entered full-time ministry after being miraculously healed of tuberculosis at the age of 17. He ministered in 110 nations. He also wrote more than 130 books and founded both an evangelistic association that continues to spread the Gospel around the world and a broadcasting organization that owns and operates television and radio stations that reach people in every corner of the globe. In 1987, he founded LeSEA Global Feed the Hungry, which has given millions of pounds of food and supplies valued at millions of dollars to people in need all over the world. His passion for knowing God and making Him known to the ends of the earth astounded all who met him.
- Apostle: a mentor and pastor to pastors around the world
- Pastor: Senior Pastor of Cathedral of Praise, South Bend, IN
- Evangelist: winning souls around the world for half a century
- Prophet: revealing the truth of end time prophecy and pointing to the cross.
- Teacher: Author of more than 100 books and teaching manuals
- Revelation: Deliverance, and the Soul of man is three parts – body, soul and spirit
- Compassion/feeding: Founder of LeSea Global Feed the Hungry
- TV ministry: founder of multiple Christian television stations
Dr. Howard Carter (1891-1971)
Howard Carter, the renowned missionary and evangelist, was born in Birmingham, England, to a British father and French mother. He developed an early love for art and worked as a designer before he was saved at the age of 20 and was later baptized in the Holy Spirit. He entered full-time ministry at age 25 and helped many people receive the baptism in the Holy Ghost and develop the Gifts of the Spirit.
During the time of World War 1, Dr. Carter served in a prison in England as a conscientious objector to the war. While there, he received the revelation of the nine gifts of the Holy Spirit. These teachings, based on the text of 1 Corinthians 12:8-10, are still used today as the primary teaching on the gifts of the Spirit within all major Pentecostal Christian belief systems.
He became the principal of the Hampstead Bible School, the first Pentecostal Bible school in the United Kingdom, in 1927. He remained in that position for 27 years, training evangelists, pastors and teachers for worldwide mission fields. During a worldwide ministry tour in 1934 he met a young Lester Sumrall, who traveled with him on an extensive tour visiting Carter’s former students. He continued to teach and preach until his death in Springfield, Missouri, in 1971.
- Revelation: Nine Gifts of the Spirit
- Saw miracles and Gifts of the Spirit in ministry throughout the nations of the world
Smith Wigglesworth (1859-1947)
Born into an impoverished family in Mentson, Yorkshire, England, Smith Wigglesworth was born to unbelieving parents but was saved through the influence of his grandmother at the age of 8. A plumber by trade, he married a Salvation Army Christian named Polly, who was the preacher in the family until Smith received the baptism in the Holy Spirit at the age of 48. He immediately became a dynamic preacher of the Gospel.
God performed amazing healing miracles through Wigglesworth, including more than a dozen documented cases of people being raised from the dead. He introduced the baptism of the Holy Spirit to nations including Switzerland, Sri Lanka, New Zealand, Australia and South Africa. His powerful sermons were transcribed into numerous books that are still transforming the Body of Christ with their insights into the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Revelation: God is our Healer
Dr. Lester Sumrall "passing the sword" to Pastor Rod & Joni Parsley in 1991
Dr. Carter in the early days
Howard Carter & Lester Sumrall
on the mission field
FAMILY HARVEST CHURCH
PASTOR CHAD CARTER
P.O. Box 512
Salem, IN 47167